Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Updating your LL Senra Avatar For Free on the Second Life Marketplace



No editing on these photos except for vignette shadows on the finished ones; I wanted this to be instructional  -- especially for new folks. 



The Senra avatars are found in the LIBRARY at the bottom of your inventory. You need to copy that folder (Jamie or Blake)  up into your regular inventory .  So right click on "Jamie" and COPY and then PASTE above (I suggest under Body Parts).  

From there you are given a lot of choices.  You need to wear both the body and the head, then choose shapes and skin, 

Here is what I am wearing in the head to toe photo above:


Items with cubes as their icons are mesh clothing and hair as WELL as the head and body. So "solid things".  The tee shirt icon represent an "alpha" texture (in this case) which will make parts of your mesh body disappear so that the clothing doesn't poke out. Sometimes this is needed, sometimes not. 

When these new mesh bodies FIRST (like five minutes after the announcement) appeared in our inventory I tried things out. It was a disaster in oh so many ways. But while I don't know the story I did find that by Friday things worked MUCH BETTER. This still isn't a top notch body but we really wouldn't expect that. Still if this was my "new avatar look" on another platform I would be pretty happy with it as it. It is steps above our SANSAR avatars for sure. Some of the clothing is VERY NICE so even old-timers may want to take a look. 

The weakest parts for me aside from some of the shape sliders was the skin. So with brand new folks in mind I went shopping on the Marketplace (easiest) and for things that were completely free (most new avatars are broke).  

This is my finished look and it wasn't all that complex to do. 


I did tweak my face a bit with it being shorter and a bit "healthier" looking.  I would have made my arms more shapely but that is something this body doesn't do :D.  

Here are my Marketplace purchases:


It is important to note that while most NEW skin is EVOX, the Senra avatars take the older version of skin (EVO or the default skin mapping we have had since the beginning). So some skins -- especially new ones will look COMPLETELY WRONG on this body so keep that in mind.     Senra bodies also take old fashioned or BOM (newer term for basically the same thing) textures,  so APPLIER skin wont work either. 

The skin by itself is quite nice and comes in several skin tones.  

And then many of us will want some makeup -- even if subtle.  



I have been wearing alaskametro makeup for well over a decade. These are free wearable demos with various fits. There are others to try besides these and of course if you want to purchase items you can get the complete pack.   

*************************************

While there was a free AO in the files for awhile, it is now missing for me so if in need here are two options to try. 


Pose by:  MDAO V1 Free 

Comments

Popular Posts