Careers
August is on the horizon and while I have been very busy with a full queue of posts jostling for front of the line at times -- I suspect there will be some slow days ahead. And I am feeling both nostalgic, philosophical. Hence I am typing.
With plenty of real life careers in my resume (retailer, teacher, home remodeler, artist, multimedia designer etc) I had not reached a long time desire to be A. video game creator and B. advertising company. I touched on those thing along the way but just barely.
And then Second Life came along.
I could be creative and not add to my closet of work stored away for posterity. I could help other creators by showing off THEIR work and enjoy taking pictures and editing. And then when mesh came along and Windlight I could enhance those skills and enjoy myself in new ways.
So in some senses I AM a game creator AND and advertising mogul LOL.
It all works.
Later addition:
I wrote this a few days ago and left it in draft mode for a time when I needed a post.
And then the world caught up with me. Several synchronistic happenings occurred within a very short time period. I have learned over the years that it is REALLY best to pay attention when the Universe is pushing you in a direction.
The short story is I am closing my store and taking down my demos. The Marketplace decided to unlist and unassociate a LOT of my items. That made me mad at first and then I decided I didn't really care all that much. I did the math on what I was currently making and the money wasn't worth the effort. So by now I will have abandoned all my land. My only sadness was giving up my snow plot but who know what I will be doing in November.
On the plus side -- at the same time some more positive things occurred and I rented a homestead and I am starting a new project (nothing to do with retail). I don't really have great expectations about how this will work out but it will keep me busy for awhile and make a couple of folks happy. So that's the news.
I will still keep blogging but expect a few blasts from the past posts along they way as finding things to report on when much of he glob is on vacation is fairly daunting.




Comments