Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Pot O Gold



The photographer in me loves it when Chandra (  (*chanimations ) sends me a goodie box. The inventory controller in me? Not so much - LOL. There is a pot of gold in the new holiday offerings. There are also a huge (and I mean really-really huge) amount of options. Big hat, little hats. Hats that tip one way, the other way. With and without veils. And the number of bustles? I lost track. In the end I went for a bit of simplicity and lots of skin.

The leprechaun Pot O Gold prop has lots of choices as always.  /1a adjustments are available  if needed, and poses are included separately for use at other times and places. A multi-pose ball rounds out the options.


The !dM deviousMind "Miss Leprechaun" BurlesqueCouture  outfit is so cute. I went for the bustle with the feathers and shamrocks, but it was a difficult choice. The outfit includes two resizeable canes.  As luck would have it, I had a brand new cane AO from ANA_Mations.  It is really fun and has a cute little Charlie Chaplin walk and a quirky little shaking of the cane movement as one of the animations. It was perfect for this outfit. I actually chose the version for men as I worked better for my long arms and legs, but there is a gals version too. You can try out the poses on the demo pose stand to see which works better for you. The resizable cane I am using is included with the AO. There are other canes available for purchase.

Click any photo for a larger high rez version.

Here is the back view of that lovely bustle. The Pot of Gold comes with and without ground effects.  

You can read more about the outfit and the myriad of parts at the store blog here.














This is just one of many hats included in the pack. I am partial to tiny top hats with lots of "stuff" so this was a winner with me.

Style Notes:

Hair: >TRUTH< Melinda - auburn (new release)
Skin: []::Tuli::[] Eva (tone 5/bl) dec VIP gift
Outfit: !dM MsLeprechaun  (gift)
Shoes: TESLA - 'Estella' Heel (L) *green* (old)
Accessories: [Baubles] Pewter and Green  Moon earrings (releases Mar 13)



Props and poses: (*chanimations - "Tempting Treasure" Pot of Gold (w/ground); ANA_Mations ANA_CaneAO_Men;  ANA_BasicBlack/Silver Cane (review copy)

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is probably very, very odd, but I follow your blog religiously, and I've seen you bemoan several times the fact that poses don't tend to fit you because of your height/long-limbs.

I've been toying about with pose making, and I've not run into any serious issues of poses not fitting my tall test avatar versus my smaller test av. Legs on my tall test av are set to 90, arms at 90, and height at 70, as I thought this would be in the average upper range of most avs.

I know you probably don't want to share your limb length/height, and I don't blame you at all, but I'm curious... on the tall, willowy side of avatars (I err towards short and stumpy *coughs*), what would you feel is roughly average?
Anonymous said…
Happy to share although I hate the "Life is Pain" icon that shows up on my comment pages if I post as me (who knows?) so Chic here in disguise.

It apparently isn't my legs as they are set at 50. It is my ARMS which are 99. Why I made them 99 I have no clue. Too long ago.

Standing poses are usually fine for me, it is the poses that have me sitting with elbows on knees or in some way contacting legs that are a problem.

When hands come "together" there can also be issues for me. I found that when I made my camera poses. I gave them to lots of friends to test and had to come to a happy medium for everyone. Super short people and super tall people also have issues with ground poses as they can either float (tall) or fall into the ground (tiny).

We are lucky we spend most of our lives standing I guess as there are less issues that way :D. I read on the pose maker forums that it is actually the RATIO and not the length that is the issue, but I don't really know the particulars.

Hope that helps in some way. I may just shorten my arms some day. I had to change my hands from 25 to 20 in order to get my first set of prim nails to fit. We change size in RL (well poundage anyway and sometimes shoe ) so I guess that changing size in Phil's domain is OK :D.

Popular Posts