Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Currency Conversion Fees



I don't have a pretty post for you today since SL hasn't been working for me (or my friends) this week. Others have mentioned big problems previously and yes I had some permission changes happening at PLAZA last week but thought it was just me.  

There was an interesting old SL forums thread that was resurrected these last few days. Someone was charged a hefty bit more for currency conversion that they should have been apparently because Tilia did things in a certain manner.  But the issue wasn't rectified  and the person instigated a charge back through her credit card company.  She was also planning on leaving SL. 

I am pasting in my response to her comments and calling it a day.   I am not in the best of moods either :D.



Evening before posting edit:   

I decided it would be good to have some background on this for the folks that weren't around with Tilia Took Over (you can search this blog for plenty of facts if you so choose).  

When Tilia became a separate "division" of Linden Lab (before "selling") there was a decision to make it mandatory for anyone logging into SL to accept the Tilia TOS (July - August 2019).  There was a long dialog -- mostly on the forums -- about this edict. The Lab DID tell us about the change in advance which was a step up to the August 2013 TOS change where no one new until it was too late and some creators lost tons of earned income and sent a good portion of citizens over to Opensim.  

So a plus there.  


Anyway some folks (Chic's being the loudest voice I think and definitely a continuous roar) asked WHY.  Why should every SL account have to agree to the Tilia TOS if the were not USING the Tilia service?  In the end since there really was no logical answer to the question other than making Tilia look more popular than it was, The Lab changed the policy so that only certain folks had to agree. Their promises back then didn't all come to pass but at least "I" have never agreed to the Tilia TOS (and other folks too of course).   

I am wondering as I think about the issue on the forum post above if AGREEING to the Tilia TOS gave away enough rights so that the OP will not be able to recoup their money.  There is supposed to be a "final report" on things coming up in a post.   

It REALLY is importing not to sign things that you don't read or don't agree to.  It may certainly come back to haunt you. 

That's the news. If I am not back tomorrow, I will be back eventually.  Meanwhile, stay calm and keep the faith. Things have been worse and we made it through.  




Comments

Popular Posts