Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

PBR and Business


The biggest topic this month on the forums has been PBR.  So many threads. Polar points of view etc.  Many folks updated to the new Firestorm not even knowing that a Brave New World was in store. Surprise!

A fair amount of folks are having major issues with the power hungry new viewers. Some have gone back to the previous Firestorm.  Reports are that Firestorm is harder on computers than the Linden viewer. I haven't updated so I can't make comparison.  But whatever your thoughts on our new way of life, choices will need to be made.  

I have probably stated here  -- certainly it is obvious on the forums -- that I will not be working in PBR.  This sort of got underlined with the Collada exit coming in the not too distantfuture.  I still plan to keep my store as I sell a fair amount and there will be a portion of the population that will choose (maybe by necessity) to live in the OLD baked texture days.   

So this week I made some shop changes (something I rarely do) and with it declared my store a PBR Free Zone.   That seems to be something important in the upcoming months.   

I made a lot of different signs using my graphics software and these are now free on the Marketplace
 

Another change -- because I have so many prims on my new beach lot -- is that I now have the last two years of Advent items out on display.  They are mod-copy-no transfer and are 25 lindens each.   You can find those here.

If you visited my Advent calendars the last two years or so you already have these items :D

There will not be a ChiC buildings Advent calendar this year.  

Comments

Popular Posts