Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Summer of Love - The Bus


The Summer of Love Fair is a month away, but being an early bird kinda gal, I work when the spirit moves me. You never know when you might need to jet off to Paris for the weekend. OK, I don't jet these days and my only view of Paris was the airport long ago. Still, I work best when I work WAY ahead of any deadlines. Pressure never made me a better artist.

With yesterday's new jewelry in hand, the project this morning was to finding an appropriate backdrop for a vendor photo. Yes, I could have used my typical parchment wallpaper, but where's the fun in that?  I was after the spirit of the RL Summer of Love. I was too young to take part back then, but I was determined to get it right in the virtual version.

As far as I know, vendors were given no instructions as to theme for this upcoming fair. Summery is pretty much a given, but the venue isn't patterned after San Franciso. Tie-dye is conspicuously absent. For me though, there was no second choice -- the 60s were the key. I know you can't really see the jewelry. That isn't the point of this post; I'll show some pretty pictures when the fair opens. The ADVENTURE of the morning is the story.

Typically, search lead me to all sorts of interesting (and not so) spots. I had two landmarks for places I had discovered last year;  painted VW vintage buses were their main focus. Well of course -- they were gone. I looked through Cajsa's newly updated list of places (thanks a bunch) and saw a few interesting sounding places to check out, but none that screamed "Make Love Not War". I visited a very impressive head shop (if you don't know what that is, just skim over this). Who knew? I was not, however, finding my photo shoot spot.

Eventually serendipity smiled on me and I ended up in a fun sim for The Greatful Dead. I was in heaven. There were craft booths walled in billowing tie-dye, a blanket on the street impromptu flea market and this great painted bus. So I derendered  a few signs and took my vendor photos. Jewelry is now safely ensconced on the wall at the Undisclosed Location (yes, caps are needed; very hush hush).

I loved the photo so I decided to share.

Feel the love. Catch the spirit. If you were around in the Summer of Love, remember. If you were not, make your own THIS summer!

Want to explore the retro sim?  Here's the SLURL.



Click on any photo for a high rez version. You may need to enlarge further with the zoom tool.


Style Notes: 

Hair:Amacci Hair Paula ~ Mahogany
Skin: []::Tuli::[] The Dressing Room LE :: Gina 01
Clothing: LVS&CO ( I hope) SPRINGFLING-SPRINGSCUTIE (old)

Accessories: [Baubles] Summer of Love set (unreleased)

Pose by: LAP

Comments

Popular Posts