Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Ask Me Meme

Well I honestly wasn't expecting a meme to show up on Berry's blog, but when I was checking the latest posts (I've been busy) I found one. With many things in the queue already I had to move it to Monday as the first sort of open slot. Well hey -- that's a GOOD thing.

1. If Linden Lab shut the door on Second Life, what do you think you might do to replace it, or the time you spend on it. Gaming, school, work, reading, other virtual world, etc?

I am already well established with the OpenSim community and have a sim over in Canada (GCG), so I would just continue on there.

2. What would you consider your mission statement for your blog?

I try to mix pretty photos with a bit of news and lots of great items that I think folks would be interested in. Now and then I get into philosophy mode. And I have a few new things I am adding to the mix now that I have a bit more time for blogging. 

3. What would you change about your SLife right now if you could just press a magic button and have it automatically happen?

I would like poses to be more adjustable. There are so many great poses and animations that just DON'T fit me (not even close). I would like a tool (menu hud would be great) so that I could tweak them. I know there is something sort of like that out on the market but it doesn't work as sleekly or as precisely as I would like. I wanna get my hands out of the middle of my thighs! 

4. What topic would you like to see explored in a non fashion blog post? Anything you are curious about and want someone else to do all the research?

I would like more info in SL 2.0 (I know that is not the correct designation but you know what I mean) but I suspect that would need to come from way further up the food chain than a mere blogger.

5. Do you have a point of contact in SL? Someone that a person from your RL knows to contact in case something happens to you or you are unable to get online for an extended period of time?

Yes I do.

6. What provides you the most inspiration and motivation to keep learning and growing? What keeps you from being held back by the common negativity in SecondLife and elsewhere?

I like to keep busy and inspiration is normally not lacking in my life. It comes easily when I just drift; bathtub is my favorite spot for this. And I try to let the negative folks do their thing and ignore them as much as possible. I concentrate on the folks that are helping each other, learning and exploring. 

7. How do you deal with other bloggers (who don't know you personally) that are spiteful towards you?


I have never had that issue.

8. What is your advice to those that admire you and what you do, hoping to be able to do some of the same things with as much confidence as you often seem to have?


Do what you love to do, not what you feel you "should". All else follows.

9. Name 5 favorite events in Second Life.

The Pulse Halloween events (mystery story with hunts)
RFL Home and Garden Show
Hair Fair
UWA Machinima Contest
(obviously I need to get out more)

10. Name 3 of your favorite blogs.

I hate to admit it but I rarely read other blogs. I am busy doing other stuff. BUT, that being said I do appreciate the effort folks put into their blogs and hope they are enjoying their time being creative. 

Comments

Popular Posts