Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

The Great Hair Purge and Restructuring


2024 is almost upon us. The new year's  resolutions often fade into the midst of Spring.  I decided that it was time  -- REALLY time -- to clean out my hair files.  The results? Almost four thousand items lighter, my inventory is dancing faster these days.  



Along the way I made new categories within some of the folders to make finding easier.  The new Firestorm viewer (updated, fixed and available once more)  purports to give us inventory thumbnails and hair files are at the top of MY list -- and most hairs do come with vendor ads included. 

And yes it DID take many hours. I worked on this project four or five days.  Once I sent unused hairs to the trash I went through the newly filed remaining styles and deleted things I would never use like hair base appliers, alphas, most color huds etc.  I still have over a hundred hairs to choose from. Just guessing I seemed to toss about eighty percent of my hair inventory, much of it from seven years ago or so when I was actively blogging events and hair brands. 

There were plenty of memories along the way. I kept my very first go to hair from fifteen years ago as well as one that I wore often a few years later.  Both are laughable now but THEN they were fantastic. 

There were a few old hairs that made the cut. I found that the biggest gotta go criteria was textures and not too many pre mesh hairs remained in my "wig" closet.  


Calla Carolina Jasmine Dark Frosted (Chestnut) fitte (copy/mod) -- earned on a camping chair where trivia played and you could earn money as well as hair.  2008









Poses by:

Comments

Popular Posts