Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

The Platinum Hunt - Preview One

The Platinum Hunt preview opened to bloggers  two hours ago. By the time I arrived the place was full with the official bunch. I picked up quite a few items to show you over the next few days. As I perused the vendor photos I came across this fantastic top from Dernier Cri and fell in love. So it became the winner of my premiere post for The Platinum Hunt. The top comes on the jacket layer and includes a vest only version as well as this one with the built in tank. The detailing is excellent!

I planned my outfit for this post in part from the vendor photos, but not all items had photos -- so I will be surprised tomorrow. I was so pleased that the jewelry set from Phoenix Rising matched this top perfectly. It feels fitting to honor this valued and soon to be missed designer.


There are matching earrings hiding under my Samara hair from Exile; a full selection of colors is in the pack. There were several skins and I chose this one from a new to me shop, [dekade.] . The Brooke 2 skin comes in sunkissed with light brows - with and without hair.

There were many gorgeous gifts at the preview and I can definitely say that this is one of the highest quality hunts in the mostly female fashion category that we have had in a long while, perhaps ever. That being said, I also want to be honest with my readers, since I know you expect that from me. I, personally, would not categorize all prizes in the $400 and up range that has been mentioned. There are certainly items that qualify; there are some that do not.

So if you hunt, be prepared to be happily surprised, but watch the blogs for photos of the items available. There is something for everyone, but not everything is for everyone. That's only natural. Since there are many, many, many official bloggers for this event, I am guessing you will see a lot of items in the next week or so. I'll be showing you some of my favorites, of course!


Note that landmarks were missing in many gifts, so I am taking my links from search. I can't guarantee these are the HUNT SLURLS. The Platinum Hunt is a $10 hunt. It begins August 8th.

Click on any photo for a high rez version. You may need to enlarge further with the zoom tool.


Style Notes: 

Hair: Exile Samara/garnet
Skin: [dekade.] SKINS -Brooke 2- Sunkissed/L Brows/PH special
Clothing: (Dernier Cri) Vest (over tank) - Maroon; Dare Designs Ninety-five - pants - black (not part of hunt - lucky chair)

Accessories: Phoenix Rising - Journey

Poses by: Torrid Midnight

Comments

Popular Posts