Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Romance and Sunsets


I am not much into fancy gowns; if you read this blog you know that. But I "am" into retro and while this dress was inspired by Fall Fashion Week 2010, it echos of decades past.

I have always loved peplums. An example is the shorter than mini skirt at the waist of this gown. I remember Ugly Betty wore a killer suit with a peplum in one of the last episodes. She looked grand! Great for covering up "hips" which of course are a choice here in SL, not a genetic manifestation, the peplum is apparently very big this year. Who knew?


I really wanted to know the history of the peplum. I seem to recall it being big in the 50s maybe? My fashion history recall is not so good these days and Wikipedia failed me. Since fashion styles move in cycles, I am guessing this waist honing tactic has been seen many times before.  All you really need to know is that it is stylish, flattering, specially priced through August 22nd, and from --Prim and Pixel Paradise.

Click on any photo for a high rez version. You may need to enlarge further with the zoom tool.


Style Notes: 

Hair: W&Y HAIR COLLECTION 2010 LIMITED
Skin: []::Tuli::[] The Dressing Room :: Gina 06
Clothing: Prim and Pixel Paradise Midnight Gold (new release)

Accessories: [fairy tail] androgynous Necklace

Poses by: BehaviorBody

Comments

Popular Posts