Strawberry Fields - On No That's Meme
- How long have you been blogging?
April 2008February 1, 2008 at Second Life Colors.
- Why did you start blogging? Originally I was asked to join Second Life Colors. Then when that blog had to close (in retrospect it did not but LL was yelling and screaming at the time about any blog that had Second Life in the title) I started my own blog with a non-SL title *wink*.
- How many times a week do you post an entry? Usually daily. Sometimes more. I think my record was five in one day. Now and then I take a few days "off".
- How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis? I used to watch several feeds, but honestly they aren't doing it for me of late. So "very few" would be my answer. I do watch the hunt feed to keep up to date.
- Do you comment on other people’s blogs? Now and then, mostly to admire a photo.
- Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Only in general. I watch the Blogger page view bar in the Overview. I don't take advertisers; never my plan. So happily I don't have to worry about any of that.
- Did you ever regret a post that you wrote? There was one WAY back when I first started that I got a lot of flack over (a not too great sim hunt). Still, I wrote what I felt and that IS what we are supposed to do. Since then if I have a very negative feeling about something I typically keep quiet. Now and then though there is a CAUSE or a PROBLEM that I rant a bit about. No regrets there.
- Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog? Yep.
- Do you blog under your real name? No. OMG! No!!!!!! -- Well, er, ah -- unless you mean my real SL name.
- Are there topics that you would never blog about? There are things that are not in my realm of interest. Violence, rape RP, birthing -- unlikely many more. I stick to what I am interested in and let those with other points of view cover the things that are very much "not me".
- What is the theme/topic of your blog? I am not really sure about a theme. The title of my blog came in part when Linden Labs banned the use of "Second Life" and related terms for blogs. Someone -- I don't remember now -- coined the term "Phil's Place" instead of Second Life. Eventually that all blew away like so many of The Lab's edicts, ideas, plans :D.
- Do you have more than one blog? If so, why? I have a few, yes. And I have had some that have been deleted. When I open a store I usually have a blog. Oddly enough, ChiC buildings has never had a blog and I have had that business for many years. Currently I have Hit Me With Your Best Shots which is more of an archive of my machinima, kudos, resume etc. and the MOSP blog for what is now the LEA7 sim.
- What have you found to be the benefits of blogging? That's easy. I enjoy it. I love taking photos, putting together looks or themes. As a veteran blogger I have review copies from some of the best designers on the grid and that makes me happy. As I have mentioned before, I don't keep all that I blog, only things that are either REALLY me (smile) or things that I believe will come in handy in the future. I am especially happy to blog for some great houseware designers as I often add their things to MOSP LEA7.
- So, why do you continue to blog? Blogging is pretty much part of my life. There have been times when I got tired, took a break, thought of quitting -- but as I near post 3,000 (only a month away) I can only think I'll be doing it for awhile longer.