Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

3 to 25 Linden


Baubles will be closing for good after the Peace On Earth hunt. Until that time, all items are marked down to 25% or LESS of their original price. No item is marked over $25. Some items will be on the Marketplace after closing.


That's the lead. Here is the backstory:

Notice that I am color coordinated with my closing sign *wink*. The color counterpoint wasn't with forethought, it is simply habit. And that is part of the story. Anyone who reads this blog knows that my first love is taking photos. I admit I have been lusting after a new computer. I see some of the great photos on the feeds and it is obvious what a premium graphics card can do in the right hands :D.


So there is that. Then there is the general business climate of SL (fairly dismal for most folks) mixed with a week of really tough and really great events. Wrap them all up and I am ready to bid the retail life ado.


Not a bad thing. In fact I had a great time setting up this photo and redecorating the shop. I used the new textures from yesterday's Hotshots contest courtesy of Insight Designs to give the place a whole new look. I have a long To Do list of fun things including some shopping for next week. After I close the stores, I will be retrieving my prims for personal use. If I have learned one thing from the contest,  it is that you can do amazing things with 200 prims!

There is more to the story of course, but the details don't really matter much except to me.

So stop by sometime if you are in the mood for some good deals on jewelry. It was a great experience. I had a good time and I made a few bucks. And that works.

Click on any photo for a high rez version. You may need to enlarge further with the zoom tool.


Style Notes: 

See this post for clothing notes.

Suitcase and paintbrush from duboo

Poses by:duboo

Comments

Nissa Nightfire said…
awww.... but I totally get where you are coming from. I might have mentioned I in a bit of flux right now myself and thinking I need to restructure a bit how I live and enjoy my second life. Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to focus on ... and so sorry I wasn't able to make it out to the Hotshots deal!
Chic Aeon said…
Yes, we need to do what we enjoy. And in the future who knows what will change. I sell enough on marketplace to pay any spending that I do (not much) so all is well.

And while some of the gals at Hotshots did very well I had major technical issues AND made some bad choices that lead to an embarrassingly awful decor. At least that was my assessment.

But I will be there to cheer the others on in December. It is all a very interesting process and I did have fun that first week :D LOL.

Popular Posts