Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

OTR - Innsmouth


Innsmouth isn't a newly discovered sim by any means; I have visited often. But when I tried on the folk dress from the Drowsy Winter Festival (see previous post), I couldn't wait to get to the village. Since my last visit, the sim has become a full fledged role play area with landing point. It still appears to be explorer friendly and since I was almost alone in the sim last night, I had a chance to go back in time.


Innsmouth is a photographers dream -- if you like rain, history and quiet decay. There is a story to the sim of course, but to me it is a simple town in the 1920s or 1930s. Times are difficult. Life is simple.


For those of you interested in the light quality of viewers when shadows are enabled, this is by far one of the most dramatic places I have found.  The change is astounding. I also discovered that light sources -- especially ones with amber tints -- are especially difficult to photograph under using Imprudence. The cast light takes over.  I cycled through fifty or so Windlight settings with and without facelight and couldn't find a shot. Moving away from the streetlamps solved the problem.


One of my personal pleasures in SL is being able to explore as a participant of the scene. Other times, places and even realities take on an extra layer of meaning when we become more than simply an observer.  Very few of us can remember this time in history, but each of us can explore a virtual counterpart. 




Style Notes: 

Hair: Maitreya Piper II - Ginger
Skin: [:T:] Claire / fair / li :: TDR Newyear 2011 LE (new - The Dressing Room)
Clothing: BP* Folk Dress/flower (gift)
Shoes: Dilly Dolls *DD* Carlotta Oxfords Medium


Poses by:BP chestnuts (free at the festival), BehaviorBody, LAP, aDORKable

Comments

Jaxie Oceanlane said…
Fabulous styling :) Love it!

Popular Posts