Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Secrets of the Sand





Throughout the night of endless stars
I saw as in a dream
Arising from the swirling sands
The towers of lost Ireem....... *

The city rises from the land, stones made from sand, no division -- they meld into one another.

Click on any thumbnail for a larger picture.


I walk into the desert, the warm sands cradling my feet. The dry winds caress my arms and brush silk against my legs. I am one with the dust of centuries.


The smells of spice, smoke and camel flow to me on the wind. Familiar, they comfort me.


Sea laps against precious wooden docks, its coolness bringing relief from the long day of heat. The skies turn pink in warning.


I find safety within the city walls and wait impatiently for the storm to subside. I yearn for the open spaces of the desert.




Style Notes:
********************************************
Hair: *SHOP SEU* --kurukuru hair Long brown
Skin: []::Tuli::[] Hope (sunkissed/br) avenue
Clothing: Roawenwood Midice (Mixture of Silks and Kirtle sets)
Shoes:
Accessories: from Midice set


Some items may be gifts, prizes or simply no longer available. If you are having trouble locating a particular item, feel free to send me a message in world or add comment here on the blog and I will do my best to answer your questions.




Download my Windlight settings for this locale HERE.


Backstory:

I have not ventured into RP in SL(R), but I will say that some of the most impressively designed locales are ones built on a story. As long as I have a visitor tag and a costume, I am comfortable. After all, I am an explorer and chronicler.


At home in the desert, I reveled in the dunes and the stones, the marketplace and the ruins. Most of the women I saw were dressed in warrior mode. I have several outfits in that theme, but I wanted to feel the warm breezes on my skin, the silk against my legs. I played the lute for a time and now have one as my very own.

I visited the Kingdom of Sand as it was preparing to move to a new sim. You will need to visit very soon (by 11pm it seems) if you wish to see this location.

If you would like to learn more about RP at the Kingdom of Sand, you can read their blog. Please remember to wear a visitor tag. Pick one up at the TP point. Free costumes are available for both men and women at the entrance, then TP down to the sands.


* poem from the informational notecard - Kingdom of Sand.

Comments

Addi said…
Chic - Just wanted to drop a note to let you know that I am really enjoying the new direction you are taking. I love to wander beautiful sims and you have featured a couple I had never visited. Thank you! Addi

Popular Posts