Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

That Astrology Thing

Not an astrology picture but pretty :D


What is your birthday and/or Zodiac sign?

Now this is particularly interesting to me as Berry answered September and Virgo as "her sign". The question in my mind became --  was it Berry's or her typist's? So I looked it up. From her profile info, it was her typist's "me" that she was referring to. I have non-SL friends that don't understand how many of us merge those pronouns. So that made me smile.

And in rereading Berry's post I noted that her birthday was the 22nd which means she may actually be a Libra (LOL), it all depends on time. I had a girlfriend who for years thought she was an Aquarian and then later discovered with the magic of computer programing that she was actually a Pisces (which really fits her better) by about two minutes. I kidded her that if her mom would have just pushed a LITTLE harder she would have been an Aquarian. 

Chic's birthday is December 31st making her a Capricorn. Her typist's birthday makes HER an Aquarian. 


Do you believe in or follow astrology?

Yes, but not the magazine version, the real stuff.


Do you feel your sign’s attributes reflect who you are?

I do indeed on both counts. While the typist is traditionally a rule follower (there are some astrological ties between Aquarians and Capricorns), Chic is SO MUCH a believer in rules, lists (organized inventory gal) and such, I can see that Saturn influence strongly.

Have you ever been to a psychic or astrologer either in RL or in SL (are there any in SL?)

The typist was actually a professional astrologer for quite a few years (and I bet Berry didn't really expect to find any in the group). Edit: Funny me; I missed the "to" in the question on a few proofreads and just now see it. So, no, I have not been to a psychic or an astrologer although I did have a reading from a quite famous person that I studied under during a class session. That's as close as it gets.

There have been psychics in SL in the past, not sure about astrologers. Actual astrology takes a LOT of work as well as skill and -- let's call it "intuition" so doing a reading for $2 US *wink* would REALLY be a labor of love.


Do you read your horoscope daily and try to follow any advice, recommendations or warnings it may have for you that day?

A loud and resounding "No" echos from the peanut gallery. In my mind and from my experience daily astrology is ....  well let's say unbelievably difficult to achieve. Sure -- I, the typist,  could look at the chart for Virgo today and say something relevant but without seeing "the Virgo's" chart and having a good background in what that chart says -- making any recommendations would be either foolish or downright dangerous. It's OK to read those for fun; I personally would never make any life decisions based on them.

Do you have very strong feelings about astrology, either negative or positive?

I feel that it is a very personal thing.  When I started studying astrology long ago I could see some relevance. The further I dug, the more things seemed to fit. Later in life I found a type of astrology that worked well for me (there isn't just ONE kind of astrology) and by doing the work and taking a hard look at what my chart was trying to tell me I solved many issues and found many things about myself I had pushed aside. So for me it was a very useful exercise that spanned many years.

I quit doing astrology for others as I found people would often read things into my comments that were never said, things they wanted to hear perhaps. They would go off on their path intent to "follow the astrologer's" advice that was in fact never given. I do think that there can be a danger in following mainstream magazine astrology too closely and not just for fun. It depends on the person that is listening and reading of course as well as the information given.

That could be said of most any advice.

Comments

Oh well yes, lol I totally was talking about the typist, as in the real me, when I spoke of my birthday and sign. I never thought that my avatar could actually have a sign but I guess if I used her rezday she could hahaha. And yes, I know at times I am a libra so I'm right at the cusp. However, for the most part, I feel like I am a virgo as that's what I have seen the most and I seem to relate to virgo traits more often than libras, I guess. Not sure though. Interesting to read that you were once an astrologer. What kind of birth info would you need? I don't know the time I was born but the day was September, 22 1980 and it was in the city of Islamabad in Pakistan.
Chic Aeon said…
I dug out my notebook as my old astrology program won't run on Win7 and you are happily safe in your Virgo-ness. The sun didn't move into Libra until about 2 AM the next day. Which means that some folks that think they are a Libra (by the whole day charts) are actually Virgos. :D
oh awesome, kinda happy that I am a true Virgo. :D Thank you for checking for me!

Popular Posts