If you love Victorian England... If you are addicted to mesh... If you appreciate the subtle play of light on well made textures ... you will want to visit Rougham. It is a gorgeous spot where attention to detail is queen.
AD Creations, Dorian Gray.
Now I remember that Picture of Dorian Gray movie. I was very young and it may have already been very old, but it impressed itself forever in my memory -- especially the scene when the painting was revealed. At least that's how I recall the plot.
The outfit comes complete with waistcoat, vest and hat. You only need some appropriate footwear to move backwards in time.
I enjoyed my time in Victoria, made a landmark and rushed back to share with you. I am guessing this outfit will one day make it into a movie. It photographs very well!
Poses by: Diesel Works and LAP (nla)
I have an interview coming up on Friday at SL10B. Actually, when I agreed, I thought we would just be talking at my plot -- but no, it is at the auditorium (oh my!). It is also going to use voice which I am nervous about, not the talking -- the techie part as I don't use it much.
And then there is the script and rendering naggers at the event. It isn't that I am against those, I am happy to fly around hairless at Hair Fair and the like. But when you are supposed to be the main event you do sorta need to look OK.
I knew that I had a choice between older textured clothes or new UNSCRIPTED mesh ones. Since many of my favorites are scripted, my list of options was getting smaller. Lots of putting on and checking script count -- tping over to the event to see if the nagger still hated me etc. Eventually I got completely naked and started out at .01 which I am guessing may be the integrated AO in Firestorm.
I came up with this lovely outfit which includes some new and UNSCRIPTED ( you don't know how happy I was to see that word) jewelry from Eclectica for Genre. The theme is deco which I love. The set is called rhapsody and includes a necklace, ring and matching bangle. You can purchase separately.
I am also wearing a jumpsuit from Hucci that I purchased (it was for a contest but I do love it) and Blossom sandals from lassitude and ennui. Hair can be an issue and so I went with mesh, a new very classy style from Vanity Hair, The Meadow. I currently count at .04 with no scripts (I so don't understand how that works) using the Top Scripts counter of the viewer. And I just got back from 10SLB with no nasty message, so here's hoping.
Now I have to admit that while this is a lovely outfit, it is way fancier than I wanted to be. So I might find something more casual to wear before Friday. But it is always good to have something posh AND low lag in your outfit folder *wink*.
My fitting backdrop is the new barnesworth anubis south beach penthouse skybox available at COLLABOR88.
Skin: Akeruka Manuela Tan MK4
Pose by: Diesel Works (from current gift set)
I forgot it was Monday until I was wandering through the feed and found a mention. Yeah!
- Which was the last sim you visited? (Other than your home) Demondrille where I was taking down a hunt prize and putting it in the $10 area :D. Before THAT I actually went to several LEA AIR sims (much more impressive but trying to be honest).
- Does your avatar look like the real you? Not even close.
- Do you wear underwear/panties underneath your clothing when out and about on the grid? Very seldom. With mesh I have a tendency to a bit more but normally I am wearing pants so not a big issue. I seldom wear those short short dress where you actually NEED panties.
- If you won a million linden dollars, what would be the first thing you buy inworld? Probably another sim ( I don't actually OWN mine except on paper) to create a new environment in.
- Have you ever bought something in SL and then realized afterwards that you had already owned it from before? I can't remember doing this. I buy so little. I have uploaded a texture for a build twice, forgetting that I had already uploaded. That's as close as I can get.
- Have you ever done anything in Second Life that would be considered illegal in real life? No. Very boring and rule following in both worlds. Sigh.
- If you could go out on a date with any other avatar, who would it be? Maybe Marcus Inkpen as I truly enjoy his work.
- Who, in your opinion, was the greatest avatar to ever slive? No clue or opinion. I am not much for measuring folks against each other.
- What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done inworld? Maybe not paying attention and walking on top of two folks who called me a noob (naturally) when I was not. Oh my!
- If your avatar had a mind of its own, what do you think it would say to you? "You really need to get out and play more, girl!"