Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Weekly Newness - August 13


After spending one week on inventory organization, I knew I needed a better plan. So, in the interest of NOT spending another full week of sorting sometime down the timeline, I am going to try two new ideas. The first has me putting new releases and finds for the week in a special folder with the dates for that week. No more "new stuff" or "to be blogged" folders. Then at the end of the week, if I still have items that I want to show you, I will make an effort towards some type of thematic post.


This week's stars include a just released racerback tank by funkstar, a great (if not prim friendly) home - shop from Charlotte Bartlett (Xstreet) and some poses from !BANG.


The Creative Love store is 15 x 15 (a really good size for lots of uses) and 136 prims (oh my). The good news is that the store is mod - copy, so if you have a few building skills, you can delete some of those decorative prims and have the basic store with shelves and counter. You could even have just the empty store. I didn't take the time to delete all the prims in the lighting and the white moose antlers (yes really :D), but I did test and it is definitely doable. The shop has windows with open doors on both sides. The detailing is superb.

The second and third poses are new releases from BANG. The store is small and I am guessing newish. Some of the poses are quite clever, so hop on a stand if you will and take a look!

My top pose is from Adorkable's smexy set. I dearly wanted to show you the back of the tank, but I wasn't willing to change hair midpost. I mean, really!. The new tang unisex tanks have that asymmetrical, slightly sloppy look that is often featured at funkstar. The bottom of the tank hitches up on one side with appropriate matching wrinkles in the waist area above. Nothing is perfectly mirrored, making the top much more realistic than the norm. It comes in a wide variety of "camo" prints, but honestly many of them look more like paintings that war garb, so don't let the title put you off.  I have shown you two colors, gray and khaki; there are bright colors also. You know me, that neutrals gal.  Update: I had a chat with Never Rives, the designer of the tang top who assures me that it is not unisex. We both smiled over that. I did try it on Chav, and for the big guy, the shoulder straps do pull as they sometimes do on menswear. But stylewise, it will work for some guys certainly, so use your own judgment. If your boy avatar is slight of frame, it would be an option.

My difficult to see but very gorgeous earrings were a surprise find of my inventory cleaning. The Flugeln Brise shop is apparently still in business. I'll need to journey over there sometime soon.

Click on any photo for a high rez version. You may need to enlarge further with the zoom tool.


Style Notes: 

Hair: Amacci Hair Lena ~ Hazelnut
Skin: []::Tuli::[] The Dressing Room :: Gina 05
Clothing: - funkstar - tang [ cammo / grey ] ; DCNY Basic Black Jeans

Accessories: ::Flugeln Brise.::Mah_jade

Poses by: Adorkable, BANG

Comments

Popular Posts