Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Shotgun


Tis a great round at Uber this month -- the best in big builds that I have seen in years; my opinion of course.  I will be giving you a tour later on but wanted to show off my personal favorite, perfect for little house fans. 

The [Zaida] Rustic Shotgun comes in three versions. This is the rustic style which boasts some very realistic textures.  There is also "clean" and "tintable". 


Shotgun houses were popular around the turn of the century. Not THIS century of course but back in Victorian times. They were always very narrow and traditional shotguns had all the doorways lined up along one wall. They were particularly popular in Louisiana and Texas but could be found in cities also. 

My grandmother and great grand-mother had a shotgun house on a narrow lot in a beach community in California. It wasn't Victorian but it was built in the traditional shotgun style.  Much like an old fashioned house trailer, rooms tend to be small. 


The interior of this build is lovely and lends itself to many stylings from classical to "hand me down from grandma.  This fits easily on a 512 lot.  I sized it down a bit to fit my six foot avatar and it was an amazing 36 land impact -- so could easily act as a "filler building" in a residential setting.  It is 48 land impact at the default size.  Zip on over to Uber and do a walk-through. 

PS I added some homemade steps in the front because the land I was on was pretty sloped. They are not included in the build.      

Comments

Popular Posts