Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

FS 6.6.17 FOREVER




 For those of you who didn't immediately read the Firestorm blog after logging in (and that includes me) the three version rule is on hiatus and folks that cannot use the FS PBR viewer will still be able to log on and enjoy Second Life.  

Eventually (and who knows when that may be) the devs may get PBR working for most folks (they did in Sansar) and we will all be able to see the world "together" again.  While I will presumably have no trouble running the PBR viewer (the Linden viewer works fine for me) I am so very happy to see this come about.  

Personally I will be holding off using the PBR viewer at least for awhile. I suspect that there will be pockets of non-PBR --- communities' as well as regions and some shops that will keep legacy alive just as there are still places using prims and tiling textures. There is room for everyone here and I am glad that some folks will not be excluded simply because they cannot afford a high powered computer. 

So a personal hat tip from me to the Firestorm gang.  

Comments

Popular Posts