Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Got Blog! Chic Aeon - Chic at Phil's Place



  • When did you start your Second Life Blog?
2008

  • Why did you start Blogging in Second Life?
Because of some rules by Linden Lab people were not allowed to use the term "Second Life" on their blogs; the blog I was on previously with others had to close. They stopped blogging and I started blogging alone. 

  • Do you feel the Blogging community in Second Life has changed since you started Blogging, and if so, in what ways?
A huge change, yes.  Back in 2008 there were very few blogs. Some of us are still around and I am very happy about that!  But Flickr took over and later BlogOtex and what used to be a more personal project became something very different. 

  • Do you think that Bloggers have a positive impact on Second Life culture and community, and if so, do you have any stories about that?
I do think we influence and hopefully help folks.  Through the years I have had numerous readers write or talk to me inworld thanking me for all the information they have garnered.

  • Are you approachable as a Blogger by content creators that may have interest in you as a Blogger for their Brand/Store?
I have always had an open policy about review copies (in the sidebar still I think) and I do look at all items sent to me. If they are something that I believe my readers would like to see the item is featured. 

  • – if you have review policies etc. feel free to include them.
No policies really but I don't blog piercings, gestures or obvious XX rated items. 
 
  • Do you have any tips or tricks that help you with the Blogging process that you would like to share?
I think tagging your posts for the creators and subjects that you feature often is helpful for the readers.

  • Have you yourself ever benefited from another Blogger’s post, such as learning a new skill for Blogging, or Second Life functions that you may not have known about?
The only blog that I visit these days is by Inara Pey,  https://modemworld.me/

  • What kind of Blogs appeal to you as a reader, and what would you like to see more of in the Second Life Blogging world?
I like seeing places, art and important matters happening in SL.  

  • Do you Blog content that you yourself would wear/use always, or do you blog content that is expected of you to blog due to commitments to stores/events?
Happily I no longer take part in any "must blog" groups. The content creators that I feature are mostly folks I have blogged for over a decade. A few are creators whose work I admired and then featured; they contacted me and now I blog many of their releases. 

  • Do you feel that imposed time limits, and a set amount of content featured changes the way you blog content, and does it feel less authentically you?
I feel it greatly changes the process and hence I have opted out of all of that.

  • Do you use Social Media, and/or other platforms outside of your Blog/Website to promote the content you have shared?
Only Flickr and that not very often.  

  • Do you pay for any aspect of your blogging other than the clothing or items in your images, such as Website Hosting, Photoshop etc?
  • – please list the things that you spend money on so that you can function as a Blogger.
I use Paintshop Pro (currently 2023

  • Do you think that Stores/Content Creators should have a Website/Blog for their Brand?
  • – please expand on your answer if you have reasons why.
I think that is completely up to the creator. 

  • Do you have any suggestions for Content Creators/Stores to consider, when it comes to their Bloggers, and Bloggers that they may want to have Blog for them?
See if the blog is one your items will fit well in. Try to imagine the audience the blog attracts and see if your product is compatible.  Realize that unless you have an agreement items will not necessarily be featured.  Sometime well-made products just don't work on their own. 

  • Do you have any advice that you can give other Bloggers that may be new to the experience, or even advice/wisdom that you want to share with the Blogging community as a whole, new or old?
Make sure you are enjoying yourself every day. If not, figure out WHY not and make a change. 

  • Do you have suggestions for which Blogging Platform to use, and why you chose it over others?
    – WordPress, Blogspot, Wix, Tumblr, etc.

I have always use Blogspot. While it doesn't do as much as Wordpress, it is quick and easy. I tried Wordpress a few times and never was happy with the steps.  But what ever works for YOU is what you should use. 

  • What do you enjoy and are most passionate about when it comes to Blogging?
I enjoy all parts of blogging but taking photos and post processing are the activities that are the most fun for me.   

Comments

Thank you so much for doing the challenge, I always remember that that is exactly when you started your own blog ♥ loved all your answers.

Popular Posts