Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Let There Be Shadows


Now I know it looks like I have bags under my eyes this morning and I probably do. I have been up since 4 AM. But, look!  I have shadows. I even have Depth Of Field.  All in all this is amazing after eight months of TRYING :D.  The new Firestorm viewer came out last night. So far it is working great for me. Now to be fair there is some odd little "line" thing going on with the DOF, but since I don't plan to run with it all all the time, no worries.


So before I head back to bed for a few more hours of sleep, I wanted to document the change in my life. What better way than ice skating in Winterfell. My sweater is a very pretty and feminine release from Graffitiwear.



My skates are available in three colors and best of all they are FREE on the Marketplace. They skate nicely, but my poses here are from aDORKable in the POE Hunt (earth globe). These are some VERY nice poses. So get out there and do a little hunting.


The very pretty -- and animated -- Your Soul To Keep necklace is a new release from KOSH for the Zombiepopcorn Dark Magic Winter event.


Poses by: aDORKable "Ice" (new - POE HUNT)

Comments

Nissa Nightfire said…
yay!!!! I just found out I could use shadows too... i had given up months ago... I probably won't be taking them every day, but am excited to get a chance to play around a little more with it~
Chic Aeon said…
It's pretty exciting. I heard that the "down the pipeline" version of the LL viewer had fixed the problem. Thanks to the Firestorm guys for adding that in. So happy.
Anonymous said…
Was reading pasts posts and came across this one. Those funky lines only appear when taking depth of field shots when using higher than screen monitor resolution. Seems LL can't be bothered to fix this 'stitching' issue.
Chic Aeon said…
Yes, found that out not too long after this winter post. Now I don't use DOF. An issue with my graphics card that may someday get fixed. Here's hoping.

Popular Posts