Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Why I Love My Blog


The Power of Word - January 2010

Memories are wonderful things and visual reminders can take us instantly back in time. 

Witches and wizards, spells and potions; it is the season.  I had been thinking back  to  a time when creativity was in full force here.  While Second Life looks better than ever these days with the possibility of even greater realism with PBR soon, there is still  -- for me anyway -- nostalgia for a time before mesh.   

Back in the day we had pose props made of prims. Yes, our creativity was limited in some ways but that encouraged us to push ourselves.  I have many fond memories of those times and my blog acts as a photo album of sorts.   

I found more holes in my inventory this week, items I had made and my alt still had but not I.  And thinking back to those fun photo experiences of long ago I went searching for some of my favorite props -- only to find that none of them were in my inventory; not a one. 

I saw that Chandra was online. I suspected she was setting up at Shop and Hop and indeed she was. I asked if she still had her old pose props out and yes she did.  Visiting let me relive some old times.  The good news is that she told me she was updating my favorites as time permits and it will be great fun to work with the new models in this future decade.  

I have thousands of visitors each day now to this blog and that makes me very happy. But, honestly if I only had thirty or so I would still be blogging. It is my journal and my history. 


Comments

Popular Posts