Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

And Some Things Stay The Same

The queen of digits, Strawberry Singh, wants to know how our shapes have changed since the introduction of mesh. My digits photo is empty of numerals. I am a lazy gal and you can see them all, just the same as they were over a year ago in my previous post here *wink*.

I do like the new height meter which seems much closer to what Linden Labs believes is our height. I also did my own test by building a 2 meter cube (phantom) and standing inside it. We were indeed the same.

And as a post script. I am taller than my 2 meter (6 foot 6ish) size in the top photo as I added shoes. We want to be stylish as well as accurate!



And now to answer some questions.

  • How has the introduction of mesh affected your SL, if at all? Are you open to wearing mesh often or do you still shy away from it?
I love mesh, when it fits of course. My shape is anything but "standard", being first flat chested and second minimally buttocked. (Yes, know that isn't really a word, but it should be!) I prefer long dresses and pants over short skirts which seem to always have a sitting issue (a different issue than the old days, but who wants part of themselves to disappear when they sit down?).
  • Have you changed your shape to fit into mesh? If so, did you go bigger or smaller?
No new shape for me. I admit to tweaking the tiniest bit if I need to get rid of an edge overlap, but most garments that don't fit me have large breasts and a volumptuous derriere which I feel very uncomfortable in, so why go there? Instead I sometimes put on a standard sizing shape and turn into someone else for a few minutes so that I can feature something on my blog. After that, the items head to the recycle bin. 
  • Do you think the mesh deformer will resolve a lot of the issues people seem to have with mesh and will it encourage you to wear mesh more often, if you don’t already?
While I hope that proves to be true, the precursor garments that I have tried actually fit me less well than the standard sized ones. So while I have my fingers crossed, I am guessing it wont make much difference for me. Happily there are some designer's mesh that seems to fit me well; these are typically not the full perm models, but personally made mesh.


Pose by: EverGlow

Comments

I really love the way you did your image with the guitar in the background. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. I know everyone has mixed feelings about mesh so it's great to see all the varying opinions. <3

Popular Posts