Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Remembering Dove


We are a bit of a motley crew this morning. The theme of this post is pose making, this week's Monday Meme. But, as circumstance would have it, a freebie post was in the works. Hence a duel duty photo shoot along with a brief overview of one good hunt. A nice gift is a bonus.

Now my lead photo holds NO comparison to Strawberry's, but that's OK. We had a good time; all got together (a rarity) and shared some reminiscent moments about Dove.

My pose is called "Doin Right" and is from February 16 2009. Like Strawberry  -- and I am guessing many old timer's -- Long Awkward Pose is at the top of my list. I still use them often and add the (nla) designation sadly. No longer available is not something I like to think about when LAP comes to mind. I grew up with Dove's poses; many freebies. I watched stores change, satellites come and go, and finally a carnival sim. Later the atmosphere turned to pastoral bliss. The poses were always great to try.

The group pose that I think of as the three monkeys (hear,speak, say no evil) was undoubtedly from a hunt. The Poop hunts (you were searching for doggie droppings with a pail and shovel -- still have those) were legendary LOL. Good stuff. Much fun.


I asked each of my gal friends to pick out a favorite LAP pose. We are all old, so we of course ALL have them!

Now I need to digress from poses just a bit (this is going to be a long post and since it took many many hours, I may call it "tomorrow's" post too) *wink*. Yesterday a long time friend of mine asked about a getting some new duds. This was a guy and one who seldom changes outfits, so I was thrilled that he felt some new wardrobe additions were in order.

Getting stuff for guys IS hard, especially free things. I did find a few items along the way and will show those off soon. He found a sweater he loved at a place he got a free group gift (see that giftie - shopping thing DOES works sometimes) and is happy. He also now understands (I am hoping) about ADD and alpha layers. I told you he doesn't update often.

Along the way, I found some new stuff for gals, which lead to a phone call and then the discovery of a hunt. I didn't pick up anything new (I mean I have SO much) but I enjoyed my time on the search and the lucky chairs and the boards and all. Old times remembered.

THIS outfit is from the Designer's Easter Hunt which started a few days ago. There are four stores with ten items each. We started at Sassy of course and that was a good plan as the eggs were big there and the store not huge. So between us, we found all the eggs. Bee is wearing a really pretty mesh camisole top and some metalic jeans (different prizes). The tattoo is one she found on the same hunt but at  Naughty & Nice.

Now even though the gals looked hard, they only found a few prizes there. The eggs were much smaller and colored, so that may have something to do with it. Each egg has a hint to the next egg, but a better plan is just to look around the stores; many of the hints don't make much sense and "may" actually go to an egg in ANOTHER store, not where you are. That was a bit confusing.


There are some nice things to be found at Edelfabrik. Three full outfits are part of the prize packs. Lots of undies too. This is a combo of two of the full outfits. SHOES are included, and these are especially cute. The top has a hud for the undershirt so you can change colors and sayings.

Pick up a notecard from the hunt poster to get all the landmarks.


Last up is Dee with a free dress from TuttiFrutti. Find it as you walk into the store.

[ LNS ] - LaNoir Soleil Designs had a great deal going on over the weekend. Alas it is over. A free gift card to use at the store. This hair came from there as well a Bee's. My alt got some new hair too!  Very nice with great color huds.

Even though that generous give away is over, you can get free hairs (pink and purple and the one black one Bee is wearing  --most likely there by mistake) in the ROW of lucky chairs here. There are also gifts to be had in the same area.

Now back to poses -

Part of the meme was to list our favorite posemakers. I too have lots of poses even though I go through each pack and delete ones that don't fit or that are so similar to another there is no point in having both.  Here are my favorites and the ones that you have no doubt seen I use most often.

Long Awkward Pose - long gone but definitely not forgotten.

Diesel Works - Great poses for guys, many free pose packs in the store -- usually one a month -- and some very creative work, makes this the number two slot on my list. If I am in a REAL hurry, I type in Julie to get some of my all time favorites.

aDORKable - I have a ton of aDORKable poses. Most I have gone through and are in categories like stances - glamour, girlie or natural. Others that came with props are still in sets. Still available on the marketplace, I was very sorry to see the creating cease. 



Poses by: Long Awkward Pose (nla)

Comments

OMG you just reminded me how much I absolutely love Adorkable poses as well as her cute props. But yes, definitely a good list! I am happy to hear that I am not the only one that misses Dove's presence.

Popular Posts