Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Geekiness


This week's meme asks how geeky we are. I am apparently 61 percent geeky -- and that works for me. Now geeky and nerdy and whatever are all variations on a theme. See Berry's post for a great chart. I am right down the center line (dreamer - inventor - intelligent - GEEK - obsessed - workaholic - fanatic). Well I don't think I get to fanatic often and I DO take work breaks. OK, not many. Not often.

Before we get to those not so important questions -- note that the Geeks’n'Nerds Fair has just opened. In the background you can see some fun things from Second Spaces. Computer cords, pens, games and other geeky and nerdy items add lots of atmosphere to your scene or home. 

There are also some great power strips and cord items that fit in more stately abodes.

Several variations (some much more complex and messy) are available.



My pose is from a set by Diesel Works available at the fair.




And now those meme questions:

What do you consider yourself to be? Geek? Nerd? Dork? None of the above? All of the above?

I think Geek fits me pretty well. I am most likely on the edge between geek and intelligent. Dreamer works itself into the mix quite often.

What was the first computer you ever owned?

I can't remember the name of the first one. It had NO software and you had to write your own programs (yes, really). At the time we were convinced we would never need another computer (OH, how naive). The first one whose name I recall was a Leading Edge.  Amazingly I remembered the computer from college (a roomed size thing) called the Alwac 3E. It had pink tape for input surpassing the cards LOL.

When and how did you first get on the internet?

It was early in 1996 I believe.  I wasn't interested in the internet until it got PRETTY and became the World Wide Web.

Which geek fandom do you subscribe to?

None and all is the most correct answer. Enjoy most of them and have watched most of the shows but not cemented to any one.

Star Trek or Star Wars?

Both.

And as I mentioned above my score was 61.


Comments

"dreamer - inventor - intelligent - GEEK - obsessed - workaholic - fanatic)" from what I gather from your posts, I can definitely see you right down the middle, for the most part anyways.
Chandra said…
LOL okay that test made me laugh :D

"You’re a bit of a plugged-in, music-streaming, cloud-syncing techie. Maybe you even recompiled a kernel once and actually knew what it meant. Or maybe when things get tricky you bluff a little."

That was 78%
Chic Aeon said…
@Chandra Well I KNEW you were geekier than I. Note that my outfit works in that sexy schoolgirl look. We can be both :D
Chandra said…
LOL! and they didn't even ask the questions I would have scored more....

(and luckily, they didn't ask captcha's or I had instantly turned to zero haha)

Popular Posts