Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

The Newbie Onboarding Experience - Part 4


We left off with Moonlight looking pretty -- well, pretty, all for zero Lindens.  But with a dollar or two there are even more options.   I will say that I have no idea how folks can get those dollars these days, so having the guidebook for a completely free avatar is a good thing.


Now that I had an imaginary dollar in my hand (honestly I did a lot of searching for trivia, camping etc trying to be true to the storyline, but came up empty) my first order of business was to get over to eBody.  Later in the day I found that you can get either classic or curvy bodies UPSTAIRS at The (FREE DOVE).  


UPDATE:  Thanks to a comment from a reader I found out (silly me) that you can just use the MENU and choose DELIVER to get both body and relay at the eBody store.    So we know longer have an issue with that "dollar" thing. Whew!   I am leaving the original post here, but keep that in mind if you really are new and really ARE broke :D. 


You will need to join the group and it is VERY VERY VERY important that you have your group tag showing over your head or the vendors will not work there.  Honestly this is the very first place in thirteen years that I have seen that method so "I" at least was very confused. I know it didn't use to be this way, but that is how the script works now. So be forewarned.  



The Ruth 2 body is certainly a step up from the default avatars but it was made for Opensim and especially to be low poly. So many of us would like a step up.    

When I first got the current eBody it was not BOM which surprised me as that is pretty standard now. It also appeared to have lost the big alpha cuts.  I figured out later that the alpha cuts are NOW just listed with no visual representation. They are still there.   

To make either body into a BOM body you need a relay and you can get that at the eBODY shop.  It, how,ever costs a linden which is refunded. But if you have no lindens you are stuck.   I wish I had better advice about what to do in that case.   


Replacing the Ruth 2.0 body with an eBody asset is simple and the skin shows up right away.  There is virtually no neck seam, Some line  will show in some Windlights, but way better than Ruth 2.0 and no choker is needed. 

I also found a very nice 7DS skin at The Free Dove. It is a BOM skin so is missing the issues on the Pink Fuel system skins. I got around to putting on the Mayfly eyes finally and even found a lipstick tester that looked good for when she is  dressing up.  IF you prefer that Pink Fuel skins then alaskametro has a FREE feet and hands nail fix kit at her store.  That should work for some folks. 


Now the problem with the "alternative" bodies is not the quality, it is the absence of clothing available for them.  If you have no money that means the absence of GIFT clothing.   I went through about 20 or so outfits at The Free Dove and found two that fit.  They were both from the same store.  I didn't need to think too hard before I headed over to that store.   There, I found a dollarbie outfit with color change hud. The jacket, tank and jeans are all separate. The jeans don't fit perfectly but with all three pieces on it works fine.      

Below are my three outfits with credits. 


...:::Beautiful Dirty Rich:::... Color Tester Stone Top (marketplace)

alaskametro<3 "My Nudes" lipstick - 04b FIT A 60%
alaskametro<3 "Autumn Mist" eyeshadow 04 FIT B
ABAR - eBODY CLASSIC v8.6 BODY FREE VERSION
Elizabeth - Glasses (SL beginning avatar files)
MONOMANIA - NoName - Shirt Maitreya (FREE DOVE)
MONOMANIA - NoName - Skirt Maitreya
[7DS] - BODY 2020 PAYTON bom skin OAK

Firelight FH Unrigged Mesh Hair - Terri - Brown Gradients



alaskametro<3 "Autumn Mist" eyeshadow 04 FIT B
ABAR - eBODY CLASSIC v8.6 BODY FREE VERSION
Elizabeth - Glasses (SL beginning avatar files)
MONOMANIA - Owner of Me - Pants Maitreya (FREE DOVE)
MONOMANIA - Owner of Me - Vest Maitreya
[7DS] - BODY 2020 PAYTON bom skin OAK


Firelight FH Unrigged Mesh Hair - Terri - Brown Gradients


alaskametro<3 "Autumn Mist" eyeshadow 04 FIT B
ABAR - eBODY CLASSIC v8.6 BODY FREE VERSION
Elizabeth - Glasses (SL beginning avatar files)

[7DS] - BODY 2020 PAYTON bom skin OAK
MONOMANIA - Puffer - Jacket Maitreya
MONOMANIA - Puffer - Tank Maitreya
MONOMANIA - Puffer - Pants Belleza Isis

Firelight FH Unrigged Mesh Hair - Terri - Brown Gradients


Pose by: free on the Marketplace - [ .:SOPHERIAN:.  and SomaTotipo Eris pose

Comments

In my experiments with free bodies/clothes, I found that eBody Curvy has a LOT (but obviously not thousands) more available for it than the Classic. Some of the stores that cater to the more curvy crowd create for that body. I seem to recall using Queenz to clothe an alt before I decided to upgrade her to Kalhene (and gave up any pretense of doing only freebies on her).

Heaven help anyone who wants that Kupra/Sking look in freebieville. I don't anticipate Ruth suddenly becoming available in Bimbo Size (not used as a slur since one of the bodies is called that).
HazelHanna said…
Hello,

in case you aka "new you" need 1 Linden dollar (as for the eBody BOM relay) just rightclick the vendor, choose touch and in the blue popup window click deliver. It does not work everytime but very often.

Greetings,
Hazel
Chic Aeon said…
Thanks so much for that Hazel. She ("I") may have actually done that but was getting blurry after so many changes. I will go test again and then update the blog post. Appreciate you letting me know.

And yes eBody curvy is much easier to find clothes for. Just not a fan of that look but gals that are will have it easier.

Personally I had a really difficult time with that "needed one linden" thing. I investigated a few ways to earn and all had stumbling blocks or security issues (sigh). And you can't really help folks easily these days because of the bots. So absolutely free would be a huge help. When altamura is free to join you can get all in one free avatars there, but there is a fairly hefty fee now most of the time.

Thanks all for your comments. Been busy with the Expo house styling and wasn't watching my comments tab and for whatever reason Blogger is no longer sending pokes to me via email.
HazelHanna said…
Glad I could help :-)

As for getting at least 1 or 2 or 3 Linden Dollar I tried the Gold Token HUD. It is free on the marketplace. To be honest, it takes a lot of time to teleport around and find all the tokens but it worked for me.

http://www.goldtokens.net/games/gold_hunt.php

Popular Posts