Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Making the Cut


The Belleza photo contest (phase one) is over and 20 talented photographers made the cut. I did not.

But hey, that's OK. I have Chav now and I think he and I will have a long and happy relationship :D. But for any of you that are still in the running, hats are tipping.

And if any of those 20 folks are in my readership -- and I have to believe SOME must be -- please let us see what you submitted. Add a comment with a link to an online spot where your photo resides. Heavens! If you are a blogger, BLOG a post with your winning photo and add the link. Crow a little. It's OK.

Since there were evidently tons of folks that entered, I am guessing they are curious too.

And those of you who are up on the bleachers with me? Feel free to post a link to the photo that didn't get you a slot in the next phase of the competition. I bet you worked hard on that photo. Let's see it!

Anyone who wants to let us in on the next phase details (assuming it isn't a secret), please do.

Congrats to all!

Update: Tricky Boucher of Belleza wrote to let me know that once the second round is done, photos of the finalists will be posted.  That's all the intel I have at the moment :D.

Update April 25:  Photos of the next section of the competition are up here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49540623@N06/

Comments

Nissa Nightfire said…
aww... this is a terrific picture! And I love Chav -- hope to see some more of him :)
Ran Garrigus said…
Great picture!

I'm one who entered and did not make it. It was fun, however, and I got to practice some favorite techniques, and one or two new ones.

The image I submitted is here.
Chic Aeon said…
Sure you'll see more of Chav Nissa :D.

Thanks for posting Ran. I recognized your photo shoot spot and didn't know it was still around. Great bar nearby -- or their used to be.

Hopefully we'll get to see the winners in the not too distant future.
Ran Garrigus said…
Trilogy (on the Combeynot sim) very recently reopened. :) Love the rain and atmosphere of it, and there's some nice little boutiques.

Looking forward to seeing the finalists. I found one or two finalists via Flickr, among them photographer Graphic Dix, whose portfolio of work on his site (and his contest image) are really something else.
Chic Aeon said…
Thanks Ran for the tip on Trilogy. I think I tried getting there from a LM at one point and it was gone. Nice to know it is back. That work by Graphic Dix is indeed impressive.

I guess I would just like to be able to follow along with the contest -- sort of like Dancing with the Stars. But we will see what wee see when we see it *wink*.
Chic Aeon said…
For any of you that actually get the comments feed, here is an update on the Belleza contest:

Update April 25: Photos of the next section of the competition are up here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49540623@N06/

Popular Posts