Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

The Meeting at the End of the World



In an unexpected announcement, LEARN AVATAR closed down its sims, asking residents to empty their land and abandon immediately. I was teaching class at the time the announcement came in. There was awe, surprise and despair.  After class -- smaller because of some departures -- I returned to ASIAN, picked up my lovely house and solemnly  went about my life.

Later that evening I was beckoned to an event of sorts. A saying goodbye, a memorial. I was honored to be included. Six weeks isn't long even in a virtual life. Still I had made friends and helped some folks along the way. It was a quiet meeting full of personal thoughts and remembrances. Always the chronicler, I took photos as we moved from the sky onto the land. This was my favorite and so it shall be the one I remember that evening by.

I don't know what the future holds, but my weeks have been well-spent, enjoyable and full of learning. And really, what more can we ask for.



Click on any small photo for a high rez version.



Comments

Popular Posts