Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

A Touch of Fantasy

Fantasy Faire 2011 begins on April 2nd. I have a lot of new fantasy items in my inventory including some outstanding boots that will be released at the fair. I took a peak at the vendor list and it should be a very exciting time. So get into fantasy mood and prepare for the faire.

From Saturday April 2nd to Sunday April 10th 2011, thousands of Second Life residents and creators are coming together to support the American Cancer Society's vision of a world without cancer.  Friends Fighting Cancer (FFC) have transformed nine sims of Second Life into a fantasy wonderland:  the Fantasy Faire 2011 to benefit Relay for Life of Second Life (RFL of SL).

These Celtic boots are only one of several lassitude & ennui styles that will be released at the fair. Jackal Ennu of lassitude & ennui (a name I have ALWAYS loved) is among the elderly of our designers. No, I don't mean OLD!  I mean "seasoned", one of the pioneers  -- and still here after 2133 days! I marvel at the dedication and continued creativeness of those born way before I hopped out of the pod. Some leave for awhile and often return making  the design world once again richer.

I first visited the then tiny shop not long after my birth. I have no idea how I ended up there, but I did. Scupties were new back then and prim shoes still the norm. Actually -- a bit of trivia for you new kids to the world -- before prim shoes there were TEXTURE shoes. Difficult to imagine, but true. I found a few pair in freebie boxes back in the time when I was very naive and very broke *wink*. I did not save them as memorabilia :D.


The other styles which I hope to show you soon, include some ornate Persian style slippers (unisex) and some --- drum roll please -- Victorian, Steam, Dolly boots.

These Celtic boots are unisex and like the other new releases come in a wide variety of colors -- some including RFL special hues. These are Viewer 2 and include versions with and without resize scripts.








Click on any small photo for a high rez version.



My very striking mask is new today from Solidea Folies. A statement making accessory, it would work for a variety of role play styles.  An option for glow is built in.  This lovely Antiope costume is free in the lucky chairs at Phoenix - Firefall. I have to smile as I have been checking in there from time to time and have pretty much won everything in the chairs EXCEPT for the Silver outfit that I originally went to watch for. I will keep checking, but I am very happy with the things I have won.






Style Notes: 

Hair: A&A Akira Hair Moonlight
Skin: MYNERVAPlatinum Drow Red Lips Black Eyeband
Clothing: **Firefall** Antiope (free LC)
Shoes: lassitude & ennui Celtic boots black
Accessories: *Solidea FoliEs* Mask/1

Poses by:snOok, LAP, homemade

Comments

Serene Fairey said…
ohmigosh fantasy faire. There goes most of next month's money *grins*

Popular Posts