Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Addendum


You just never know!

Nothing to report today fashion or design wise. End of the month. You know the drill. BUT, on the personal side of the equation I had a big (really big) surprise this eve. I have been rearranging things on my store lot, making room for a new innovative surround I'll be unveiling soon and trying to save some prims where I can to have room for more displays.

Along the way I decided that the new surround had much more atmosphere when nearly empty. I had some furniture left over from when there was a house there and that worked well for me. Add the new tree and grasses I made today and I could hang out there for a long, long time.

What the hey; here's a photo that will be a vendor picture hopefully tomorrow.


I call it The Meadow and what makes it different is that it has NO corners. It isn't a dome either; they lose a lot of space. Instead, it is a rounded corner square. I made the ground on one side hilly and left the rest flat for a house. Custom textures and all that jazz, I am proud of my little creation and expect to spend a lot of time meditating in this spot. The decor includes two of my favorite leather chairs from Trompe Loeil and a credenza, planter and rug (over to the side there in the photo) from Cheeky Pea.


This is the tree and some of the grasses that were today's project. The tree and surround are both mesh and fairly thrifty. The tree being ONE land impact point wins the prize. Because the surround IS mesh, the pattern on the sky only repeats once giving it a much more realistic feel.   Anyway, that's what I've been doing.

And my SURPRISE was that when I went down to ground level to see about putting the casita down there -- low and behold, someone had bought the sim in front of me. It was abandoned land and so a good deal. What impressive neighbors! I couldn't be happier. And their arrival lead me over to POST just now where I picked up that cute little house from yesterday. I have enough prims for the house next to my neighbors new forest,  but not much else as this IS supposed to be a store plot *wink*. Still I love being outside and what a wonderful park to gaze at; way better than the folks that have been there the last year or so.

So a happy gal is signing off. Tomorrow I plan to give you a sneak peak at the Love Potion 9.9 hunt. At least that's my intention :D.

Comments

Boudicca Amat said…
oh my there must be something in the air!! I was obsessed with trying to make a rounded edged box last weekend - sadly the one I made came in at 35Li......and was impossible to use :)
But it was my first attempt with mesh so maybe someday I'll get it made.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your blog - it's one of the few that I check every single day and you have given me so many tips and insights along the way.
Long may you continue.

Popular Posts