Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

The New World



The New World is a richly detailed area that bills itself as the "SL First & Original Ancient Maya Civilization 16th Century RP Sim based loosely on "Apocalypto" and RL Facts". This is a strict RP sim which includes dressing for the role. As a visitor, of course you have no role, only a visitor tag.




It takes awhile to get to the Mayan area of the sim. You need to be properly attired, travel through the maze of shops to reach the tunnel with TP access, agree to the rules and THEN choose your destination. I suggest the city gates as the waterfall is far away from the major photo op areas and there is no flying or hopping. I walked through lots of trees and hills (yes through) to arrive at the pyramids. It was definitely worth it.



I will say that this sim has the very nicest visitor outfits that I have seen. The necklace is stunning and the outfit stylish in whatever world you may visit. The hair comes in the package and there is a set for men also.  You can pick up a free bow and quiver set of weaponry at the entrance point. I did, but when I rezzed it, it updated and there were some techie messages, so I left it for later.

I tried a variety of skins on for this shoot and settled on the dark version of Tuli's new Eva skin. I am so happy she is including a dark tone this time around. While they are more difficult to photograph (for me anyway), they do lead to authenticity as well as choice. Both are good in my book.




This is the city proper. There are rentals for RP members here. I enjoyed the pyramid area the most. There is even a quest with puzzles to solve. I figured out the first test, but there are three before you reach your reward -- whatever that may be.

I wouldn't say this is an ideal photo op spot as you do need to stay in character clothing wise, but it is a lovely place to visit.




I used some of my existing Windlight settings. I have uploaded a large variety over the last months, so I am going to abandon that extra step at the end of the year. I do have plans to put them in a folder that can be download from Mediafire. Watch for a post on that sometimes soon.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Absolutely fantastic place to visit whoever is interested in ancient cultures. The vegetation is lush, the waterfall is stunning. And the visitor outfit is really yummy.

Coby Foden
Nissa Nightfire said…
wonderful shoot as always, sweetie!
dido haas said…
Very inspiriring! Nice pics. I plan to visit soon.
Thanks for sharing.
Dido

Popular Posts