Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Roll The Credits


I just finished my latest video project entitled SCREAM. It is both beautiful and bizarre, surrealistic and obtuse -- as an art film should be. While there are a few things I would change could I go back in time, I am very happy with it and consider it my best work so far. This shot is one that was almost abandoned in the cutting room; I added it to the credit roll and was pleased I could do so.

This doesn't seem to be  Chic at Phil's Place type news, or is it?   So far my adventures in machinima have been cost free Linden-wise. I wear what I have, film on location or make my locales; it adds that "found art" aspect that I enjoy.  The story had a loose plan at the beginning. The plan -- as in my real life art -- found its own path along the way, morphing into something akin to what I had envisioned by saying something very different.

As I was working on this film I was challenged to make four "me"s. The gals needed outfits of course and those outfits and props needed to be free (my plan really, not a mandatory thing). That meant current group gifts and hunts for the gals, plus a dip into the Marketplace. The props came from inventory storage for the most part but some are either new or still available.

I am very thankful for so many great content creators in SL. I am especially grateful for their generosity to the community (only one item and two poses in the shoot came to me as a review copies). So here are a few of the many thank yous that go out in spirit, items that stand out in the movie and that were lovingly appreciated as I created my visual palette. All are currently available.

  • Steampunk blindfolds:  Yasum Designs (part of current group gift)
  • Top Hats: Hatpins (current Steam Hunt)
  • Skins for the five "Chics": Blue Sky (current group gift)
  • Umbrellas: Old Time Prims available at the Innsmouth landing pad
  • Pram: noctis prize on the current Twisted Hunt

Comments

Nissa Nightfire said…
I have to say this sent chills up my spine -- the quality of your machinima is just growing leaps and bounds! I'm so impressed! I can't even imagine how much work this takes! Nice job~
Miyoko Magic said…
Cool video Chic! Thanks for using some of the HelaMiyo poses ;)

Popular Posts