Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

What Color IS Khaki?


Our color for the upcoming  week is Khaki. What exactly is khaki? It has little to do -- in my mind at least -- with Luna's color swatch which looks like a palish yellow on my computer screen. So much for technology. Actually I posted my personal idea of khaki long ago when we were doing taupe. I added a second outfit to that post when I decided I was highlighting the wrong color.

In the end, I opted to go with the majority's idea of the hue. Most of the items I am wearing are labeled "khaki" by their designers. The color seems to be a bit greener and cooler than my version and can be a variety of values (light to dark). So I am smarter now, but I doubt that my idea of the color will actually change much.

Most of my outfit is old, but my beautifully rendered hat is new. It is what I think of as a fisherman's hat. [Soren Jaakobs] - Shuan's Boonie Hat {Camo Commando} is a wonderful example of what mesh can be. The detail is astounding. The typist is heading to bed as I proof this post, but I couldn't resist going over to see what else might be at the shop. It is a small, modern and tastefully decorated establishment -- a store for men. Well of course "I" don't care, I wear guy garments all the time. But especially if you are of the Y chromosome set, journey over and take a look. Happily the hats are all rezzed and on display, so you can see exactly what you might be purchasing.

My other bit of newness is the ring I am wearing. Just out for the Jewelry Fair from Magpie, it is just one piece of a full set I hope to show you soon. My long time blogger buddy (although she isn't blogging much these days -- hint, hint) Nissa sent it over. It is a very pretty set, just a bit too fancy for my camp gear attire of the eve.

Photo taken at the aviary at Ctrl+Shift+H.

Comments

Nissa Nightfire said…
lol... ok, ok ... i get the hint! And I'm with you... I've been missing my blogging quite a bit and am looking forward to getting a better schedule going into the fall~ Thank you for your kind words, as always :) *muahhhhh*
Unknown said…
You look fantastic, I love the contemplative feel of this shot.
Nicandra Laval said…
Phil i agree that khaki is a difficult colour. Sometimes greenish. But i like the combination you made and the nighttime picture as well. Greetings Nic
Eliza said…
Lovely khaki--I have always considered it to be either tan or green, too. And I love that hat.
Anonymous said…
Love everything about that outfit. And the look you are giving us in that pose seems both thoughtful and inviting.
What a prety, peaceful evening to just hang out! And indeed Khaki seems t be in the eye of the beholder... For me its a sort of beige but I went with the swatch.
you look fab
:)

Popular Posts