Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Retro Fever


Yes, you guessed it, this is my AVOCADO Asparagus (TY Miyoko) 52 weeks post. But in fact it is much more than that -- to me at least. It is a story about the wheels of time, synchronicity and of course RETRO!


The story starts off earlier in the week when I had the opportunity to review some of the recently released items from Sn@tch. When I was new (insert wheels of time theme here) I featured a lot of Sn@tch goods; group gifts, hunt items and even some things I purchased *wink*. My favorites were almost always those with a retro theme. So when I saw this new outfit called Marcia with an avocado option, my search for this week's color was over.

I did a lot of posts highlighting Sn@tch designs, some on location. One that echoed my retro theme took place in a trailer park (insert synchronicity marker here). This morning found me scanning the search entries hoping to find a photogenic spot to recreate the theme of this post.

Now before you judge my photography too harshly, be aware that THREE YEARS have gone by :D.

My morning trekking left me sans photo op spot and the realization that there are a lot of 2007 builds out in the world still. Plan B took me took me over to  Blue Sky where I found two new retro homes to choose from. The photo at right was to be my avocado post.








Click on any small photo for a high rez version.


That would have been the end of the story, except that JUST as I was TPing home, a notecard came in from the owner of Blue Sky with the offer of ---- drumroll and synchronicity reprise please ----- an extremely cute little Airstream style trailer. I was so in love. THAT was what I had been looking for all along.


The Sakura (the name of my first bunny) Trailer comes furnished and weighs in at 161 prims. The steps are button activated, the glowing overhead lights are touch on - off and the furniture comes with a collection of poses.


I wanted to move right in, but alas, no extra prims at the moment. So I took the rez box over to the sandbox, added a second rez box generated surround forest glade and it was so very comfy.

The trailer will be available starting the 16th at the next Chic Limited event. The venue is empty at the moment but here is the SLURL if you want to bookmark for opening day.

A modern dinette and couch are included as well as decor accessories and lighting. There is a ladder leaning up on the far side for accessing the roof should you want to add luggage or other props -- or sunbathe in your bikini.

Now all I need is a really nicely made pink flamingo and I can revisit the past in style.


The Marcia set comes complete with three color variations of the cropped sweater -- avocado, purple and cobalt and includes SEVEN brightly colored capris. I seem to be navigating into capris loving territory these days. I like them better than shorts; you can dress them up or down. The pieces are mod - no copy - transfer so you can share the fatpack with a friend if you are willing to let go of any color *wink*.


Style Notes: 

Hair: A&A Shirley Hair Mahogany (new release)
Skin: [:T:] Zoe / tan :: 04 Electric
Clothing: :::Sn@tch Marcia Sweater (Avocado-J):::; :::Sn@tch Tweed Capris (Avocado-P)::: (new release)
Shoes: A-BOMB Khitten Shoes
Accessories: FAB.PONY "Fantasy60" Earrings (Space Garden); Rainbow Bag Green

Poses by:Pffiou, BehaviorBody, the Sakura Trailer dining chair

Comments

Ivey Deschanel said…
I loveee the pics. The Avocado is my fave color too. Ty for showing it off and the trailer is so cute!
Unknown said…
That's a whole lot of cute in one post. I really dig the outfit and that trailer freaking fantastic!
Rudhmellowen said…
Love the Retro look to these pics and the outfit... Sn@tch was always one of my favourite places to buy things as you get so much for so little... Still love it now
Kairo Lange said…
Really cute look you put together, I love the retro :)

OMG, the trailer...I must have!
Eliza said…
I actually thought of this outfit while deciding what to do this week! You pull it off so much more amazingly, though....:-)
Miyoko Magic said…
super cute Chic but why avocado instead of aspargus? :)
Chic Aeon said…
HOHO. Thanks Miyoko you good reader you. I suspect that my "switch" from asparagus to avocado is that I hate the first and love the second. Since they are so close (?) I won't worry about it. But fixed with credit on The Blog *wink*. TY!
Miyoko Magic said…
Oh I love to eat both...
I was wondering if your post was on purpose as you sounded so into avocado or if it was a sort of private joke with the 52 colors bloggers, like a rebellion hahaha
*blows kisses*
Oohhh I love this!!!!!!!
Retro Airstream is way cute and just goes with the entire look!
Great job!!!
Chic Aeon said…
No, not a rebellion. Just two veggies and a "blond / gray" moment. And they are fairly close. :D. HOHO. And we have yet another veggie in the offing. oh my!
Miyoko Magic said…
haha yes it's the "look in the fridge" month :)

Popular Posts