Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

The Rose Story

I promised those gardeners out there that I would continue with the tale of my free Tuscan Rose from PlantPets (Concert Hunt). With two new releases that needed a backdrop, today is the day.

First up the new releases. From KOSH for Lazy Sunday there is a collection of wall mount decor pieces. This one with candles is my favorite. I wanted some candles in my new tiny place by the bay, but nothing in my inventory seemed to fit. These are great and very low prim. Yeah!


New from Addiction Jewelry is the necklace and earring set. The necklace is long and great with sweaters. Lots of fine detail work adds some glamour to even casual attire.

The Fanfare Silver and Black Pearl set comes with necklaces, both spine and chest attachments, and  includes resize and non-scripted version.

Click the photo for a close up version.

Note that this jewelry does have shine if you are not running shadows. I had no idea shine didn't work well with shadows. Smarter now.


Poses by: Diesel Works




And here is the rest of the rose story. Click any photo for a larger picture.

As you remember I rezzed my seed and asked it to grow.  I waited for some time, about an hour and a half. The message in chat said my rose would be delivered to me. Silly me I sat and watched the seed for a long while expecting it to turn into the rose -- sort of like bunnies do. After awhile I decided that the rose was on much slower time (true, but there is more to the story.). I logged out for the day.

I returned late that eve and was going through some inventory when I found "another " Tuscan Rose in my objects folder. "Odd," I thought but I rezzed it to see. It was the actual pot with the rose, apparently delivered quietly in my absence. I needed to touch that and tell it to grow. Oh, my. Silly me. So I watered my soon to be rose and went to bed for the night.


The plant grew fairly fast. When I woke up there was a stem and twelve hours from its birthing it looked like this.

I found I was not terribly thrilled with the color of the pot and so I tried tinting it and that worked fine. I suspect I could change textures and even shape If I wanted to, but I didn't try that.




Lani checks on the plant too. I added her to the plant's friends list so that she can water as needed. The first buds appeared closed and light green. Later they changed to red and as time passed, they opened.

Now roses aren't my flower of choice; there are lots of other plants in the store that are more my style. But this is a wonderful way to test out my green thumb. I have left my plant growing at "normal" speed, the default. At that rate I need to come water twice a day to keep the plant very happy. And of course I want my plant happy.


Owners can set the growing rate to very very fast to speed up the time until a baby is ready to come into the world (52 days). Edit: The maker assures me that speed has nothing to do with those 52 days. So I am going to turn mine down slower and not worry so much about watering.  At least I think that is how it works.  For this first one, I am just going to bide my time and let nature take its course. The plants are temp rez as I mentioned so won't work for everyone. Happily my tiny mainland plot can support a couple. The PlantPets pots range from 2 to 5 prims with this style being 3.

And yes, Lani loves the free mesh overall set from Coco. The whole world featured it, so you didn't see it yet again on these pages -- until now by accident *wink*.

Comments

Jojo said…
Since Plantpets are temprez objects don't you worry that you will cause server problems?
Chic Aeon said…
Actually I didn't worry about that last year. I did find that my frames per second went down in the general area. So probably best not to overdo your plant family. I have a friend who really got into growing them though and she doesn't seem to mind. She has hers turned down to the slowest setting once they are grown. That might help. Not sure. I don't have mine out any longer but definitely enjoyed the process.

Popular Posts