Bringing you the best of Second Life since 2008.

Looking Back


I was chatting with a friend of mine the other day. She is no longer in Second Life but she reads The Blog faithfully, keeping up with Chic and the changes in SL. She commented on the quality of skin and hair and clothes and really, just about everything.

Most of my readers spend a fair amount of time in our virtual world, and many have clocked in more than my 1267 days. We see our world improve over time. New technology, better hardware and software. We know things are better now with alpha layers and multiple attachment points (I am still waiting on that one :D). But really, how bad was it before? I am sure we didn't think of our virtual lives as being ugly.

This is my friend Wonder, older than I by some months, he is listed as 1552 days old. There is no question that I have clocked in more hours in world than my bud; he wanders in from time to time, but not that often these days. But he, and many of you, have memories I cannot match.

Wonder has been giving himself a makeover with a few tips from my blog and a gentle nudge from yours truly. I invited him over for a quick photo shoot and he now has a new profile pic. The only thing older is his hat and hair from a Make Him Over Hunt some time ago. He looks good!

I asked him to find his oldest profile photo, just so I could see how he looked long ago. He sent it to me and here it is. This was apparently a very expensive skin at the time.


The date on this unretouched photo is May 2007. We've come a long way. In the spirit of "I'll show you mine", I found an old blog photo from Second Life Colors, where Wonder and I met. It has the three of us in a group shot. I was so young then - LOL.

So let us take a moment  to appreciate our content creators. Without them and their constant striving to improve their skills, we would be living in a very different virtual world.

Style Notes: 

Hair: .::MADesigns HAIR::. ~ BILLY BOSTON C2 ~ NB III
Skin: Ramya*TARL* Hairbase / 3 tage bart / Bare / Chesthair; MENStuff Lounge Gift from ::MORTALITY:: ; MENStuff Lounge Gift from Jaryth's Barber Shop Skinny Stache and Flavour Saver
Clothing: [American Bazaar] smexy black tank

Accessories: [Fairy Tail x elysion optic]teamASH GIFT

Poses by:LAP

Comments

Popular Posts